COMING PREPARED TO CLASS & DRESS CODE
· Arrive dressed in appropriate dance wear for class (form fitting tanks, bodysuits, “dancewear” shorts, leggings etc).
· All dance shoes should be brought to each class.
· Hair is to be pulled back off of face and neck in ponytail, bun, braids etc
· No jewellery
· Ballet Dress Code – It is mandatory that dancers wear a bodysuit, tights, ballet shoes and have hair in a bun for Ballet
· Water bottles are encouraged. Please put dancer’s name on them.
· No food inside the studios. We encourage students to bring a healthy snack/supper that can be eaten in the foyer area outside studios. We expect ALL dancers to clean up after themselves.
· Please use the washroom before class starts to avoid disruption.
· SHOE REQUIREMENTS & FURTHER DRESS CODE INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND UNDER THE ‘CLASSES’ TAB
CLASS ATTENDANCE & EXPECTATIONS
· Students must attend their classes regularly and should arrive 5 minutes prior to the class start time. They must be ready to enter class in proper dance attire with hair pulled back, ready to start class at the scheduled time.
· Students must be picked up promptly at the end of class by parents or designated adult.
· Dancers must attend their classes regularly. If the student misses class due to sickness, vacations or any other reason it is their responsibility to catch up on missed choreography during their absence. Missed classes could result in being removed from routines (of the instructor’s choice) from the upcoming shows/events/competitions.
· Dance Zone instructors reserve the right to move dancers from one program/class to another program/class based on registration numbers, evaluation and assessment of individual dancer’s skills and abilities.
· Dancers should address all instructors as MISS. (IE: MISS ERIN)
NOTICES, MEMOS & E-MAILS
· It is the responsibility of dancers & parents to read all notices, e-mails, etc. for important information pertaining to dance.
· Please regularly check your e-mails and Dance Zone Facebook groups for important information regarding class changes, make up classes and cancellation of class or production practices.
· Our instructors request that parents e-mail the studio email@example.com with any questions/concerns. Please indicate instructor name in e-mail and it will be forwarded.
· Parents may also call the studio 883-4338 during office hours with any questions/concerns.
CLASS CANCELLATION & MAKE UP CLASS POLICY
· When the decision is made to cancel classes due to bad weather, Dance Zone will only be responsible to make up these classes once they exceed 2 cancellations per day (IE: 2 Mondays, 2 Fridays etc.).
· All cancellations will be emailed out and posted on our Facebook page. Updates will be posted by 1:00pm on weekdays, and by 7:30am on weekends.
· Dance Zone reserves the right to reschedule classes, combine and/or change class times due to circumstances involving dance related events, instructor’s illness or classes cancelled due to bad weather, etc.
COMPETITION WINNINGS & SCHOLARSHIPS
· Scholarships & winnings awarded to Extra Routines (solo/duo/trio/sm groups) are accepted by Dance Zone and credited accordingly to the dancers involved.
· Group routine scholarships are credited to the studio and are not allocated to the dancers involved. Scholarships for groups are used towards contributing to local charities, studio improvements and continued education etc. at the discretion of our Dance Zone faculty.
NO REFUND POLICY/LATE FEE
· There is a No Refund policy for any reason once payment has been submitted. It is mandatory for a parent/guardian to sign the no refund policy waiver on the back of the registration form stating that they are aware of this policy.
· Any fees submitted after given deadlines will have a 10% late fee added automatically